Sunday, November 21, 2010

About Kate



Hi I'm Kate, the writer, photographer, and cook in the "A Spoonful Of Kate" kitchen!  I currently reside in New England with my always willing to "taste test" husband Brian.  Food and good cooking has always been a passion in my life. When I was a little girl and my Nonna (Italian for Grandma) would let me help her make anything from sauce to homemade meatballs to her famous broccoli bread and pizzas!  I can remember standing on my step stool at the kitchen table at about 5 years old and rolling out the pasta dough, cranking it through the pasta maker, and waiting hours for it to "dry out" on my Nonna's dining room table.  I had such a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day when we would sit down together and dig into a spread of homemade Italian yummyness!  Today, I've expanded my pallet to not just Italian foods, but to any foods that are quick, easy, and taste good!  So, as my Nonna would say "Buon appetito!"

2 comments:

  1. I am excited that I can now try the foods you tease me with. Please post the other Reese Cookies and soup I commented on your FB pages! If you have a Spinach Lasagna recipe I am curious to see if it is one from Joe's Mom that my mom used to make for us when we were kids. Did she use a mornay sauce with the ricotta & other cheeses?? =) <3 =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joelle! I'll put up the PB Cup Cookie recipe soon! As far as spinach lasagna goes, I'll put that up as well!

    ReplyDelete